I run a race to see who has the most guts…. Steve Prefontaine
Name: Bill Marinello
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: The Beginning! (2009)
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? I am proud to say that I was born and raised in Albany, NY and have been fortunate to remain in the Capital District raise my family.
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? A friend of mine lost his teenage son to a brain tumor. He is my inspiration for participating in this event.
3) What song gets you moving on race day? “Where are we running” Lenny Kravitz
4) Any advice for a new CRSS Race for Hope participant? Stay Hydrated and have fun!
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is the enthusiastic crowd of supporters cheering me to the finish line.
Editor’s note: The Capital Region Special Surgery Race for Hope thanks Bill and his wonderful employer, Hannaford Supermarkets who donate all the healthy and delicious pre-post race refreshments. Hannaford also brought an impressive TEAM HANNAFORD to the course last year and will be doing so again for 2012 !