Name: Katie Bowman
Hometown: Wallkill, New York
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: 2009 (inaugural year!)
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? I grew up in Delmar and my family still lives in the area.
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? My mom was diagnosed with salivary cancer in the summer of 2008. She is fully recovered now but I feel strongly about raising awareness. I was so thrilled to run in the inaugural race a few years back and will be here to run and show support every year .
3) What song gets you moving on race day? If it’s Katy Perry, I’m MOVING.
4) Any advice for a new CRSS Race for Hope participant? Have fun! Don’t worry about what anyone else is doing- race both with and against yourself. Your presence matters.
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is: shaving even one second off my best time.