The expression, “Go big or go home” barely scratches the surface of even attempting to express all that Dan Rutnik (and his wonderful family AND his friends and colleagues) bring to the CRSS Race for Hope each and every year since it’s inception. But as I am quite certain Dan’s genuine humility and selflessness would be horrified at my going on about it, I will need to stop here. Suffice it to say, this event would not be the same without Dan and we’d rather just not even think about that.
Name: Dan Rutnik
Hometown: Albany, NY
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: 2009 (Inuagural year!)
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? I was born and have always lived here.
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? I knew Susan Britain and would do anything to honor her life.
3) What song gets you moving on race day? I have walked the past couple of years. It doesn’t take much to move at that pace.
4) Any advice for a new CRSS Race for Hope participant? Make it through the first hill and it is smooth sailing.
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is to see the ever smiling faces of Ellen and Dick Britain.