Name: Katie Gorham
Hometown: Harpers Ferry, WV
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: 2011
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? I relocated to the Capital Region at the end of 2010 for my job at WMHT Educational Telecommunications, where I am the Radio Operations & Production Assistant for EXIT 97.7 WEXT and 89.1 WMHT-FM. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made!
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? Last year’s race was actually my first 5K race ever. When I found out we (EXIT 97.7 WEXT) were co-sponsoring the race, I knew it was the one. I’m always looking for different ways to get involved in the community, and most importantly do things that have a positive effect on others. My life can be pretty busy at times, so knowing that I can help someone in some way shape or form by just running is really rewarding.
3) What song gets you moving on race day? “Machinehead” by Bush, a song that’s gotten me pumped up to run since my early track & field days.
4) Any advice for a new CRSS Race for Hope participant? To have fun, and know that you are not alone! Oh, and to listen to EXIT 97.7 WEXT (shameless plug)!
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is my mom cheering me on!