Name: Michelle Carr (nee “Carter”)
Hometown: Moriah, NY
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: First timer!
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? I moved here to go to grad school in 2005, got a great job & never left!
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? My dad — he is the Original Carr Runner and his recent cancer diagnosis (read the full Time Union article) inspires me to do good things for the cause.
3) What song gets you moving on race day? I love when they bust out the Rocky theme. I know its cheesy, but I can’t help it.
4) Any advice for someone just starting out with their first 5ks/10ks, etc? I don’t know about advice, but I’d like first-timers to know they inspire me! Its a big milestone and it takes a lot of work. Have fun, enjoy the race, and come back for more!
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is: The best reward would be finishing a race with my dad! I didn’t really get into running until after he was unable to for health reasons, and now that I am an avid runner I look forward to the day we can do some races together.