Name: Deb LaPietro
Team name: Farley’s Friends
CRSS Race for Hope participant since: 2009
1) What is your connection to the Capital region? Moved here in 1980 from Michigan. Raised three beautiful children here and have a job that I love.
2) Who or what is the inspiration behind your participation? I am inspired by my dear friend, Daryl Farley, who passed away in 2009 shortly after the 1st Capital Region Special Surgery race.
3) What song gets you moving on race day? Anything upbeat inspires me to go for a great run. Bette Midler’s “Got to Have Friends” works well on this particular race day!
4) Any advice for a new CRSS Race for Hope participant? Enjoy the fresh air, community of caring people and especially the bananas and yogurt at the finish line!
5) You turn the last corner and the finish line is in view, the best reward you could find waiting for you is family and friends of Daryl’s and, of course, a fresh banana and yogurt!